Kerman Stone Association
Kerman Stone Association
Title: The Association of Decorative Stone Export Development of Kerman Province
Area of activity: Presentation of various raw and processed decorative stones in local and foreign markets
Presentation of technical and services and consultation regarding mining, processing, marketing and installation
The starting point of activities: Since 2008 so far
Export goods and services of association members: Production of decorative stones in the form of slabs, tiles and strips
- Onyx, Marble, travertine, and Granite
Tel: 03432265855 Fax: 03432265856
E-mail Address: email@example.com Website: www.ksassociation.com
Address: No. 83 and 85, Alley No. 13, Molavi St., Kerman
Zip code: 7619819763
The association was established aimed at developing coordination and supporting the members to modify production, processing and marketing methods with target markets all over the world through training, market survey, advertising, marketing, legal and new banking procedures and coordination in order to develop the export of decorative stones of Kerman Province. This association is a non-profit institution which is active in scientific, research and technical areas since 2008 with direct support from Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture of Kerman Province.
Receiving a brand, kerman stone has started a new life and is more responsible among the decorative stone producers of Iran by a change in attitude and management method, improvement of used technologies, qualitative and quantitative increase of the products and by relying on a strong public relations system, while it also tries to keep its cases of superiority.
Kerman stone brand could benefit from the honors and values that are related to the identity of brand. Due to 7000 year civilization of Halil Rud as the oldest civilization in the world and the civilization that has used stone works in many cases and has achieved a magnificent skill in processing stones, the historical position of the province is significant.
Therefore, Kerman Decorative Stone Association decided to use one of the discovered antiques from Jiroft discoveries called Stone Wallet or Weight Stone for designing its logo. They selected the name Kermania based on the key messages of this brand and also implies the local and historical identity of the region.
This association is established based on strategies and seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Promotion of scientific level and technology exploration, exploitation and processing of decorative stones
- Increasing the productivity in mines and companies of processing decorative stones
- Coordination and cooperation in the development of the related national and global standards
- Marketing and developing necessary areas for participating in world markets
- Facilitating and exchanging information and experience among the members and other local and foreign associations, and instructional and research departments
- Holding national and international scientific and professional gatherings
- Publishing scientific and professional books and journals, and administrative reports and newsletters
- Cooperating with the government in the development of bills and rules and regulations related to decorative stones, etc.
Report of the performance of the association:
- Registering Naghsh-E-Kariman commercial international company and Kermania commercial brand and developing permanent stone exhibition and store in Iraq’s Kurdistan climate
- Holding Ghatri Mafkoo Iranian Company
- Pursuing the allocation of land for stone market of Kerman Province
- Pursuing the launching of province stone cluster in order to coordinate the activities of those involved in Kerman Stone Industry
- Holding instructional classes of commercial organization in related topics with processing, marketing, designing, packaging and extracting decorative stones, transportation and the techniques of commercial negotiations
- Pursuing research and development (R&D) projects in the mines and companies of the members of the association
- Agreements of cooperation with Kerman Municipality in order to use stone products of the members of the association in urban projects of Kerman Municipality
- Holding various instructional seminars and different professional tours along with instructional workshops and participating in various provincial, national and international stone exhibitions
Kinds of membership in the association:
The association has two kinds of membership including master membership and honorary membership.
Master members: All real and legal persons including mine and company owners and all those involved in the export of decorative stones
Honorary members: All real and legal persons whose activities and research studies are aimed at the realization of the objectives of the association
Scientific working groups and committees
Forming professional working groups and committees such as:
- Statistics and information
2. Public relations and international issues
3. Machinery and technical issues
4. Research and development (R&D) are done in the association, the above groups and committees pursue the objectives of the association as administrative arms.
Achievements of the association:
- Receiving the certificate of appreciation as the excellent association in export in 2009 in Kerman
- Ranking 4th in the selection of excellent export association from the Trade Promotion Organization of Iran in 2010
- Receiving certificate of appreciation for productivity project of Kerman Stone Association from Industrial Management Institute of Iran in 2013